Welcome to the New Website for Steamfitters Local 638 - (1/19/2015)
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our us through our website. On our site you can learn a great deal about us such as:
- Officers of the Local
- Our History
- Training Information including Advanced Courses we offer
- Apprenticeship Information including How to Join
- Organizing Information including Why You Should Join
- News and Events
- Agreement Information and Current Wage Rates
- Promotional Information such as Video and Commercials
- Key Government Information for Your Area
- Key Political Information on Upcoming Projects and Politicians
- Helpful Links
- Contractor Information for Your Area And More!!!
Show All News Headlines
Important Information! We have Moved!
The Steamfitters Union Office has moved to:
27-08 40th Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Island City, NY 11101
Welcome to the Enterprise Association of Steamfitters Local 638
Enterprise Association of Steamfitters Local 638 of the United Association was chartered in 1884 under the Knights of Labor as Enterprise Assembly #3189. In 1914 the Enterprise Assembly affiliated with the United Association as the Enterprise Association of Steam, Hot Water Hydraulic, Sprinkler, Pneumatic Tube, Ice Machine and General Pipe Fitters of New York and Vicinity Local 638 and the Progress Association of Steam, Hot Water and General Pipe Fitters Helpers of New York and Vicinity Local 639. At the same time, a trade line agreement was drafted which established jurisdiction between the Steamfitter and Plumber, commonly referred to as the 1914 agreement.
Today, Steamfitters Local 638 maintains jurisdiction over all general pipe fitting in New York City, including all five boroughs and all of Long Island, Nassau and Suffolk Counties and is a combination local union representing the Construction Branch and the Metal Trades Service Branch. On April 14, 2010 Enterprise Association of Steamfitters Local 638 celebrated our 125th Anniversary.